Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Truth or dare!

Posted by Lorac Tuesday 30 November 2010

Ok, the truth is out! I am a follower of  the British soap "Coronation Street". Have been for years. I actually started watching when I was training as a paramedic on the ambulance. One of my tudor crew members was a big fan of Corrie and "forcefully" got me hooked on it.  I enjoy the down to earth characters, whereas the North American Soaps are all glam and everyone is gorgeous, on "Corrie" everyone is natural. There are though, a few "good lookers" on this show too, but in a natural way. Below is a video of a new release by one of the cast Katherine Kelly, who plays Becky MacDonald on the show. It is a winner! She really has a lovely voice! I hope you enjoy it.

6 comments

  1. Lori Skoog Says:
  2. I confess...I watch 1 American Soap and agree that there is way to much glam. Who would wear those ridiculous no back dresses around the house or to work. So unreal. I just went back and checked all of your posts. Some great shots in there. I love the yellow leaves and the reflection photo is amazing.

     
  3. Jenn Jilks Says:
  4. I don't watch any, but that's just a preference!
    I love the photos.
    Glad you liked my tribute.

     
  5. another huge fan of Coronation Street here. Mind you I think I am going to be totally fed up of the Gail/Joe storyline before it's all over with!! Actually watching Corrie, as I am writing this. I didn't realize "Becky" was a singer.

    Gill

     
  6. Lorac Says:
  7. Hey Gill! I didn't know she was either but she is good!I am also watching Corrie and I think the Gail/Joe thing just died out! LOL

     
  8. Unknown Says:
  9. You are a fan! Say it loud and proud!
    I forcefully try to get people hooked on Corrie as well so your crew member ranks high in my books!
    You might like my blog: thestreetfever.com a Corrie gossip site strictly for us Canadians. It is spoiler free so you never have to worry about finding out what is happening 10 months from now. Hope you like it!
    Rebecca

     
  10. karen Says:
  11. Oh great! That was an unexpected confession!! I also end up watching at least one soapie while cooking dinner, I really do enjoy some of them :)

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors