Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

And so this day I give my love to you.

Posted by Lorac Sunday 10 May 2009

Close your eyes and wish for the one thing
You cannot do without, and when you do,
Near your heart you'll find it, always there,
Treasure that is dear but not so rare,
Held in the mesh that all your dreams flow through.
In truth, no gift more happiness can bring,
And so this day I give my love to you.

(Unknown author)


I went to Port Credit today to see my Mom and supposedly to help her plant the new garden that my brother in his infinite wisdom had cut out but had no idea how to plant. I had purchased a Mothers Day card and a few little things (slippers, sachets, candy) that I know she likes. When I got down there my brother had heard there might be a frost tonight so he decided we were not planting today.
I had worn my working clothes! I was prepped to dig in the garden and make something beautiful. It was not to happen.
My Mom was telling me about her new friend who was coming over to play cards and visit once in awhile. A friend of the opposite gender. Now my Mom has always been a great housekeeper and quite fastidious but her eye sight is not very good any more and she has a really bad shoulder that prevents her from getting to physical. I noticed the Family room needed a vacuum and the tables needed a dusting and there was the odd dust bunny under the couch. And I did come down to work....

I told my Mom that since she had a new friend coming over the place should look it's best. I didn't want to insult her so suggested that since her shoulder was bad I would do a quick vacuum for her. It turned into a little more than that.I had her "goffer" for me as I vacuumed, dusted, washed and generally cleaned the room over and under. It took awhile, but as we worked we talked. We talked about her apartment and what she was to do next with it, my Dad when he was alive and the cottage opening this year. We had a sherry together, we talked a lot more.

We spent the afternoon together, me cleaning and my 83 year old Mom helping out. I really enjoyed just being there with her and I know she felt the same. She lives about an hour away so we don't get to see each other as often as we should.
The best was when I was ready to leave after the day and she said that what I had done was way better than planting the garden for her. She said she finds it really hard to get up and down now, so it is pretty hard for her to clean as well as she would like. She was absolutely thrilled!

Mom you are welcome! I need to get there more often, I need to help out more often. We take our Mom's for granted and we never should. They won't be around forever. It wasn't much, what I did today, but it was greatly appreciated. Mom's "No spring Chick" anymore as my Dad would have put it. It is past due to return the care she always gave me.

1 Responses to And so this day I give my love to you.

  1. Sandra Says:
  2. A lovely post. Mark tilled my mother's flower beds. I don't know how she will do it, but she is putting in new roses.

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors