Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Hail Storm!

Posted by Lorac Saturday 9 May 2009

This morning I got up early as I had promised my mother and brother I would come down to Port Credit and help them to start planting a new garden my brother had made for my Mom. I put the coffee on, let the cat in and when I saw the sky I thought to my self "Wow that sky looks really dark!" A few minutes later it started to rain, buckets full, the wind was howling and there was lightening, thunder rumbling across the sky. The wind had picked up and was blowing my flag perpendicular. Then I heard a tick and then another. All of a sudden there were hundreds!~ I looked out side and it was raining and hailing so hard it was bouncing in the air 2-3 feet. I thought it was going to break the window!



It was deafening, even inside. I watched as the herbs in my planter flattened! As it hit my tomato plants that I had been lovingly taking in every night to be safe. As it hit my lovely garden with all the new spring plants that I had been tenderly caring for.

It was bouncing off our cars. I really thought it may dent the cars it was coming down so hard.

This is our neighbors front lawn. Usually there is a little water coming through the ditch with a rain storm, this was a torrent! My back yard was flooded. I was really glad I cut the grass yesterday as now it will be too wet to cut for days as the ground was already saturated. When it had calmed down I went out and got my herb garden, the tomato plants inside. The temperature had dropped 10 degrees Celsius.The planters were full of hail! I had to scoop the ice balls out as my herbs were on ice! They are bruised and battered but they will make it. There is a couple of broken branches on the tomato plants but they also will make it. All the daffodil and tulips are broken and flat. My Sedum, bruised and sorry looking. Hens and chicks with chunks missing and Hosta with leaves that are torn. That was some storm! I knew the good weather we had lately was too good to be true for this early in the year!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors