Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

S'mores

Posted by Lorac Tuesday 5 May 2009


A favorite treat at bonfires is S'mores.

S'mores are a sticky gooey treat made of marshmallow, graham crackers and chocolate. They are wonderful!


You will need:

-Sticks (live, green sticks) long enough to hold the marshmallows in the fire without burning yourself and shaved off at the end to take off the bark and make a point.

-A fire with lots of red coals

Ingredients for each S’more:

  1. 1 whole Graham cracker
  2. ¼ of a chocolate bar where ¼ is 4 pieces
  3. 1 marshmallow

Making the S’mores

  1. Take ½ of the Graham cracker and lay the chocolate piece on it ready to go.
  2. Take 1 marshmallow and jam it onto the end of a stick.
  3. Cook the marshmallow until golden brown.
  4. Take the cooked marshmallow still on the stick over to the prepared Graham cracker.
  5. Carefully lay the marshmallow down onto the graham cracker and chocolate.
  6. Place the other Graham cracker on top and remove the stick from the marshmallow (Hopefully without burning yourself) and smoosh together.
  7. Eat the ooey gooey sticky mess!

You want S'more?

6 comments

  1. Just Jules Says:
  2. I am so going to steal this post later this year (with FULL credit to you and your site)!!!!! Please?

    Also, come over to my humble little place and answer the question "I am..." today - or go one step further and enter the contest (see the details at the post) bring your friends with you ;)

     
  3. Lorac Says:
  4. Feel free Jules! You can't beat Smores! I will come and look at your Question. Thank you

     
  5. Bitsa Lit Says:
  6. Hey thanks for checking out my blog! this post brought back so many memories! Im going to have to go make some now lol! but no complaining here...I could eat a whole batch!

     
  7. Lorac Says:
  8. Your Welcome SeeThroughGreen. I know, I love them too!

     
  9. Val Says:
  10. really enjoyed reading your blog - thanks for the visit to mine! i love the smell of woodsmoke and first rain, and didnt know that about marshmallows - but there ya go! will be back for sure..

     
  11. Lorac Says:
  12. I am really thrilled you enjoyed it Val. See you soon!

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors