Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Work It Girl!

Posted by Lorac Tuesday 20 October 2009

I have been working at a part time job that has been full time days lately. It is for funds to help pay the bills until I start college in the spring. Even though I should get the funding for college, there are certain things they expect you to pay as well so I have to try to save some funds for that.

There are things I had forgotten since I haven't done work like this is quite some time.
- Your feet will feel like they are on fire after standing for twelve hours.
- You will go cross-eyed reading numbers over and over for 12 hours.
- Working 12 hour days for several days in a row after slacking off all summer will have you in bed by 9:30 - 10:00 o'clock.

I realize that I have become soft and am in the process of "toughening" again. I would hate to start college and realize I was tired out in the first week or worse yet first couple of days. I have to get my fortitude on!

I am grateful for the work though and looking forward to working on and off until school starts. It is cramping my style on blogging and I will have to see what time I have each week and when I can put up a post. I start out early and get home late so I have little time at night. Possibly the best time will be doing a post in the morning.

If you don't see me for a couple of days at a time, I am still around, just not active. I will visit and comment still though. I also expect it to slow at work so will have more time.
See you all soon!

8 comments

  1. Jenn Jilks Says:
  2. Best of luck!

    I remember going back to teaching each September, very tired by the end of the first month!~

     
  3. Lorac Says:
  4. Thanks Jenn! Amazing how quickly one can get sedate in such a short time.

     
  5. Susan Ellis Says:
  6. As a strong advocate for life long learning, I commend you!! and good luck with the course and all it takes to get where you want to be.

     
  7. ~Cheryl Says:
  8. I understand completely! Good luck to you, and take care of your health first & foremost!

     
  9. I like the new look blog.

    Juggling everything we want to do is never easy. Oh to be in bed by 9:30 - 10pm.

    After a 12 hour day don't blame you for just wanting to crash.

     
  10. Delwyn Says:
  11. Hi Lorac

    now that sounds exciting...what course are you about to undertake?

    Happy days

     
  12. eileeninmd Says:
  13. Looks like a wonderful way to spend your time off, Your photos are great. My favorite is the second one with the fall colors and the reflection.

     
  14. "f you don't see me for a couple of days at a time, I am still around, just not active."

    Understand. Take good care.

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors