Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Olympics over, not forgotten!

Posted by Lorac Monday 1 March 2010

The Olympics are over! I watched the closing ceremonies as the flame was extinguished and the flag handed over to Russia. I think they will do a wonderful job in 2014! It was a sad and joyous time, all at once! I was glad they kept the ceremonies upbeat. What a marvel to be able to see the worlds best perform in the last 17 days! I felt at a loss this morning! Here the Olympic channel has been on day and night!

I think the athletes from all over the world should be congratulated for the wonderful dedication to their sport and the excellent accomplishments at the Olympics. For many, it was a personal best and for some, a medal. Either way, Congratulations!

To our Canadian athletes, you have made us very proud!
Very proud to be Canadian!
Thank you!



One more time!

The Canadian national anthem is "O Canada!"

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


Remember, starting in March, the "Para-Olympics". 

11 comments

  1. Rob Siemann Says:
  2. Congratulations! 14 gold medals! Well done, Canada!

     
  3. Lorac Says:
  4. Thank you Rob and Mandy! we are bursting with pride for our athletes!

     
  5. I agree, everyone did a great job...and Yay to USA for the most total medals too!!! They all worked so hard!

     
  6. Jenn Jilks Says:
  7. I'm so tired! I need a rest...crazy hours...

     
  8. Jo Says:
  9. What a lovely post...! I agree...! I think everyone in Canada should be proud of their wonderful athletes. What an incredible job! And what an incredible Olympics. It has been so much fun to be here in Vancouver, in the midst of it. And yes, the Olympic athletes from all over the world were just amazing. They should all be very proud of themselves.

     
  10. Susan Ellis Says:
  11. The Olympics helped to light a spark of Canadian nationalism, a much needed one. I hope it continues to grow, and to unite this country around all that is good about it!

     
  12. klahanie Says:
  13. Canada, the land of 'glowing hearts' and a warm promise for a better, kinder, more compassionate world, demonstrated through the true spirit of the Olympic ideal.
    From a Canadian who lived in Vancouver and is currently residing in England, I just want to note how proud I am of Canada.
    Thank you for such a wonderful, thoughtful posting. With respect, Gary.

     
  14. Lorac Says:
  15. Yes, Yeah to the USA too!

    You can get some sleep now Jenn!

    I wish I had been there Jo but I was in my heart!

    Susan,It is about time that Canadians were bale to voice their pride loud and clear!

    Gary, thanks for that! I think wherever Canadians are residing right now, they are feeling the pride.

     
  16. Jo Says:
  17. I tried to post a comment on your blog "A Long and Winding Road" but for some strange reason it doesn't allow comments. It's a fabulous blog too...!

     
  18. Anonymous Says:
  19. Wonderful Olympics, I always prefer the Winter ones to the Summer Ones. Great that Canada won so many medals as it was the host nation. Such stunning scenery as well, what more could you ask for.

     
  20. Lorac Says:
  21. Thanks Jo, I shall look into that!

    Ann I do to! Thank you!

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors