Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Silver Creek, Halton Hills

Posted by Lorac Sunday 26 September 2010

 I went out for a drive, crossed this old bridge and I revisited a spot I like to walk. I usually go to Silver Creek in the spring when the water is higher and rushing down the stream. Today it was a slow flow of water, speaking softly to the surrounding woods. I parked and went down the embankment to the one side of the old bridge.


 With this lovely pond on the other side. Lots of little minnows swimming in there.The fall colours really soften the picture.


This tree on the bank of the stream doesn't let anything get in it's way. Look at the bottom right. It is a home dug into the bank for some small animal.


 I am not sure what these fall wildflowers are, but they were everywhere and so pretty!


This little red squirel was chittering away as I walked in his forest. I must admit, I talked back!


Thanks for visiting!

6 comments

  1. Barb Says:
  2. Your fall is lovely. The roots of that tree provide a snug burrowing spot for a critter.

     
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. How I'd love to walk there.

     
  5. Lori Skoog Says:
  6. The bridge is gorgeous...a great place to take a stroll.

    African drumming? The college in Brockport has one of the best dance departments in the country. There is a group there called Sankofa, which is African Dancing and Drumming. They have existed for as long as I can remember and at the end of every April we go to their performances. During Dance Awareness Week (February) anyone can go participate in any of the dance classes. I would go to the African Dance and Drumming classes (that was a long time ago). On Saturdays you can attend drumming open jams during the school year. When there are 30 or 40 people in a room drumming, you can feel it in your gut. Amazing. Jeff, who is facilitating this jam at the farm...does drumming at local events...if I was there I would participate. It led to this.

     
  7. peacefulgirl Says:
  8. Beautiful photos of a very peaceful looking place! I love the roots on that tree. :)

     
  9. I love the picture of the tree roots with the huge rock underneath. That is very unique.

     
  10. Janie Says:
  11. Lovely photos of the riparian life. That little squirrel is adorable.

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors