Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Praying Mantis-Ready to lay eggs.

Posted by Lorac Sunday 16 September 2012

Found this little beauty on the garage. A female Praying Mantis with her belly swollen with eggs and in labour. You can see the thorax pulsing. Lots of little Praying Mantis for next year.


This is the back view. She seemed to be getting the sun. It has been cooler and it was wonderful in the sun.

These are great to help keep the mosquitoes and other bugs down. I encourage them to habitat.

12 comments

  1. Anonymous Says:
  2. This is such a great shot! I love when one can get up close and personal with nature in action. This is just so good.

     
  3. Lorac Says:
  4. Thanks Danielle! I do too.

     
  5. joanne Says:
  6. Incredible....I hope everything goes well with her birthing....I want one outside my door too!

     
  7. clairz Says:
  8. I love when I find one of these guys. Ours are bright green in southern New Mexico, which is strange since much of our vegetation isn't.

     
  9. Lorac Says:
  10. Joanne- They sell the eggs to use in gardens.
    Clairz- That is strange. These are greener earlier in the year.

     
  11. Andy Says:
  12. Nice find. I haven't seen one of these guys for a few years.

     
  13. Judy Says:
  14. It's been years since I have seen a praying mantis...

     
  15. Lorac Says:
  16. They seem to be plentiful around here. Saw some baby's in the spring.

     
  17. What a great capture, Lorac!

     
  18. Red Nomad OZ Says:
  19. It's so perfect it doesn't look real!! But I hope they're not territorial!!

     
  20. Jenn Jilks Says:
  21. We have both brown and green ones. Remember, though, they pinch people, too! I tried to take one away from the cat, and it wasn't happy with me, despite me saving its life!!!

     
  22. Anonymous Says:
  23. Awesome snapshots of close and she certainly didn't seem to mind. She's quite photogenic! Need more of those little critters!

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors