Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Welcoming Autumn

Posted by Lorac Wednesday 19 September 2012

The days are noticeably shorter. The nights are cooler.On the first day of fall—the autumnal equinoxday and night are each about 12 hours long (with the actual time of equal day and night, in the Northern Hemisphere, occurring a few days after the autumnal equinox). The Sun crosses the celestial equator going southward; it rises exactly due east and sets exactly due west.

 
 The barns have been filling up with hay, straw and the last of the corn to be harvested.

 
We start into our Autumn months on the weekend. Sneaks in on September 22, 10:49 A.M. EDT in North America. I am really sad to see the end of summer this year as I did not get to really enjoy it all.. Sigh! Too much work and no play. Here's hoping for a glorious, long and warm fall!!!

6 comments

  1. Mildred Says:
  2. Gorgeous sky and lovely old barn!
    Thanks for sharing. And thanks for your visit and comment;o)

    ***
    Have a nice day****

     
  3. VioletSky Says:
  4. here's hoping our autumn lasts as long as our spring did!

     
  5. Jenn Jilks Says:
  6. I love the changing seasons. I was ready for Fall!
    Cheers from Cottage Country!

     
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. Wonderful snapshots to go along with a pleasant entry. I actually like this time of year - Autumn. I love the colours of Autumn, the smell of burning leaves that people make a bonfire of in their gardens, the crunchy sound the leaves make when you walk through them and when you get those beautiful Indian summer days at times in the autumn ... how very nice. I hope that you are enjoying some nice weather.

     
  9. forgetmenot Says:
  10. Beautiful sky--it sounds like you are ready for Fall and the Winter months. Hope you are having some nice weather to enjoy now. Mickie :)

     
  11. Judy Says:
  12. I love that barn, full of big bales of hay, but a bit off-centre...

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors