Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Intense! Mind blowing! OMG!

Posted by Lorac Monday 10 August 2009

OK! The truth! I have been playing hooky! I was going to post yesterday but we had a wicked storm and I needed to shut down all good things electric as the power was dipping on and off. I wasn't entirely absent as earlier in the day and this morning I was visiting other sites and commenting. But, I guess it is not quite the same. If I did not get back to your blog to visit and you have commented lately, shame on me! I will try harder! And thank you as I love to get comments!

This storm set a record for rainfall in Georgetown. Just over 2 inches in 1 hour at the worst. it was pretty crazy. At first it was interesting cloud formations.


 But within minutes the skies had become an eerie shade and it was raining heavily! The winds were whipping at bursts 96 mph . The power was dipping on and off again.

 
It all seemed to be clearing at this point but it was really the eye to the storm.

Soon it was a sickly blue algae green again.
The rain coming down in solid silver streaks as the drops merged into one.

There was a lot of electrical activity. Bright flash after flash, thunder shaking the house in it's intensity. Lightening creating a false landscape with borrowed colour.

This night time sky alight with a flash of power. So light it looks like day.

I must admit, I love storms. I was hanging out the back door by the deck watching this. I did get soaked and I loved it! The rains and lightening wavered from intense to mind blowing to OMG!

Not the best image, double focus, but if you enlarge it, by the bush in the middle you can see a lightening bolt.

6 comments

  1. Ann Says:
  2. Nice pictures of the storm, I enjoy storms too, but I don't like them enough to stand out in the rain.

     
  3. Sandra Says:
  4. Wow! Great shots. We had our only big storm of the season on Saturday. Blogland is a little slow over the summer.

     
  5. Delwyn Says:
  6. Hi Lorac

    I love storms too though ours are usually tropical ones. When we see a green haze to the sky we get very worried. It portends hail...which can be very damaging to people and property. You don't want your car peppered with gold ball sized hailstones...

    At times they do great damage , breaking all the windows on the southern side of houses...

    Happy days

     
  7. karen Says:
  8. Amazing storm photos! Love the various colours of the skies... I dislike storms, and prefer to hide away from them, or view them at a very safe distance - like on somebody's blog!

     
  9. Lorac Says:
  10. Anne - I was half in and half out of my back door! I would stand right out there if I could! Too much chance of lightening strikes though.

    Sandra - We have had to add a new season on this year. It is simply called the rainy Season.LOL

    Delwyn - Believe me I was worried. Any time you get a sky of that colour it is scary! I heard there was hail just a short distance form here. There certainly was a lot of flooding.

     
  11. Lorac Says:
  12. Anne - I was half in and half out of my back door! I would stand right out there if I could! Too much chance of lightening strikes though.

    Sandra - We have had to add a new season on this year. It is simply called the rainy Season.LOL

    Delwyn - Believe me I was worried. Any time you get a sky of that colour it is scary! I heard there was hail just a short distance form here. There certainly was a lot of flooding.

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors