Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

The Rock

Posted by Lorac Friday 28 August 2009

I saw a meme that looked like fun so I have decided to try it and send it out to a few bloggers. It is one of the easier ones and doesn't require you life story.
So, here is the ritual:
1) Open up you first photo album
2) Scroll down to the 10th picture.
3) Post that picture and write the story that goes with the picture.

The Rock
Well, I have a love of all things mineral and just cool rocks and of course gems! I am, in one of my other lives, known as a rockhounder. For those of you not familiar with the term it simply means a collector. I have rocks and minerals all over the house in varying types and sizes but they have to have an interesting mineral or metallic quality to them.
This one has mica, biotite, quartz and K-feldspar in it. One of my sons and one of my granddaughters also enjoy rockhounding. It is amazing how many varieties there are from all over the world . With such neat names too!
When I took this picture I was really just goofing around, to see how the pics would come out.

Now the list of people I am sending this too:

1) Sandra at "Worlds End Farm This and That"
2) Tessa at "An Aerial Armadillo"
3) Jenn at "My Muskoka"
4) Delwyn at "a hazy moon "
5) Lizzy at "Lizzy Frizzfrock"

Hope you play along too!

6 comments

  1. darsden Says:
  2. I think the rock picture came out great. I did this same meme a couple of days ago :-) oh sorry I didn't copy you it was not on a rock ..LOL

     
  3. Lorac Says:
  4. darsden - It was a nice easy one so I thought it may be fun!

     
  5. Delwyn Says:
  6. Hi Lorac

    I am fond of small smooth stones that fit in the palm of my hand, that warm up with holding and feel alive...

    thanks for the meme offer...one day I will try it...

    Happy days

     
  7. Unknown Says:
  8. Lovely idea, really shouldn't stop editing, but it's coffee time so I'll join in!

     
  9. Lorac Says:
  10. Delwyn - Meditation stones are great too!

    Carole Anne - Wonderful! I will come over and see!

     
  11. Sandra Says:
  12. I live in a rocky area, so I pick up interesting rocks often. I like your rock! I finally got my photo up. I have been a slow blogger, but I usually come through in the end!

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors