Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

SkyWatch Friday!

Posted by Lorac Thursday 6 August 2009

Once again it is
SkyWatch Friday!

At the cottage this weekend we saw this "Rock Cut" hole at Ragged Falls in Dwight. My first thought was of SkyWatch Friday. The reflection of the sky in the water of this naturally made hole was unique. Thousands of years ago the river was much higher and larger. This hole was created by a vortex of water swirling rocks around.
I love old churches! Of course we don't have old churches as they do overseas, ours only being 100 plus but to us there are old. I have particularly liked this one and the sky was perfect!

 I always look for reflections. I think the double image they show is perfect for Sky Watch Friday.

Finally one from just at dusk tonight. This is bitter sweet. The Canadian Geese flying in such large flocks already and in "V" formation foretells of an early autumn here. They are getting ready to fly south. I love Autumn but we haven't even had any summer yet! It has been an unusually cool summer.

Remember to go and check out the other wonderful posts and hosts from all over the world on the Skywatch Friday Blog!

14 comments

  1. VioletSky Says:
  2. There have been too many geese formations this past week!

    I really like that 'rock cut' reflection. The hole looks like it could be from some ancient ritual.

     
  3. Lorac Says:
  4. J Bar - Thanks, love your site too!

    VioletSky. It does doesn't it!

     
  5. Joe Todd Says:
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have a ceramic Inukchuk sitting beside the computer. Was made by Gerard Carriere in Noelville,Ontario.Will be doing a post with pictures on that sometime.Also, had trouble going thru the locks on the magnetawan river couple years back. My outboard kept cutting out.

     
  7. Carolyn Says:
  8. Great captures, especially the geese. I love fall also but it is always too short. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings and smiles

     
  9. love to live..

     
  10. Jan K. Says:
  11. Specially the first photo is a very original choice foto today's SWF. It's beautiful.

     
  12. Erin Says:
  13. very lovely skies and captures.
    have a most wonderful weekend.

     
  14. Jenn Jilks Says:
  15. What I find is the the geese aroumd ere even swim in a line. I have lots of shots showing this. THey are practising for flight, they visit other lakes, now that they are not limited to swimming around their hatchling lake. So fun to watch! Thanks for visiting My Muskoka!

     
  16. If only some of our dams looked like this (full of water) it's such a beautiful sight. I know I am meant to be admiring the sky but the beauty of the water is so overpowering in importance for me.

     
  17. Barry Says:
  18. I don't think summer has actually arrived yet. I think the geese have just given up waiting.

    Great photos by the way.

     
  19. karen Says:
  20. Hi and thanks for visiting my blog, although a while ago already! I've been here before, and I love your beautiful photos - will now add you to my blog list so I don't lose track of you! :)

     
  21. BALLET NEWS Says:
  22. Hello, just wanted to leave a comment to say how much I've enjoyed reading some of your posts. Your pictures are amazing and your blog is really cool. Thank you for sharing them !

     
  23. Lovely pictures again.

    Bit worrying about the geese. Will summer materialise at all for you ? Uh oh!

     
  24. Ann Says:
  25. Just love that capture of the geese. Seems like your summer is like ours, it hasn't arrived yet.

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors