Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

SkyWatch Friday!

Posted by Lorac Thursday 27 August 2009

SkyWatch Friday

Recently I went to the Bruce Peninsula, "Halfway Log Dump" on beautiful Lake Huron. Here are a couple of more pics from that area. It isn't what you think when you say dump. This was a log "dump" back in the logging days or a halfway point for the logs on the way to the mills. 
Every way you turned there was something to take a picture of!
This is all limestone rock. It is very white in the water and that is why it turns an azure colour. Walking through here I could feel the history around us, from the natives paddling their canoes on the lake for hundreds of years, pioneers logging and fishing the lake for a living, to modern day man enjoying what the lake has to offer. All around in the limestone is evidence of another time. Fossils are every where in the stone. I stand on top of the rocks warmed in the sunshine and marvel at the beauty!
Trees reach for the sky with a precarious hold on the cliffs.

 
It wouldn't be the same to have a post without a sky reflection! The dark shadows are brightened with a wee bit of blue.

 Bear Rump Island in the distance, sky clearing from a lackluster grey to a softly brushed blue. The air was warm and a gentle breeze was blowing the scent of clean water and evergreen around us.
  The water is clear, cold and so inviting! Shall we go for a dip?
Be sure to check out all the other posts and hosts at SkyWatch Friday!

16 comments

  1. Tussy Says:
  2. I know it is skywatch, but I love the color of the sea more this time. Want to dip my feet in there, wanna know how cool water is.

     
  3. Lorac Says:
  4. Hi Beachlike! The water is cool and lovely! Thanks for dropping by.

     
  5. Rocks Says:
  6. I love the third picture :) beautiful photos!

     
  7. Lorac Says:
  8. J Bar - Thanks!It's a spot I will be revisiting!

    Rocks - I am a bit of a reflection hound. I always look for them!Thanks for visiting.

     
  9. Louise Says:
  10. The rock really makes the water a beautiful color. Lovely post.

     
  11. Unknown Says:
  12. the last photo looks so inviting i'd like to dive right in.:P

     
  13. karen Says:
  14. I love that reflection shot, and of course the last photo. The clarity of that water is just stunning!

     
  15. VioletSky Says:
  16. Love the colours in the last shot - shades of greens to blues to hints of purple in the sky.

     
  17. Joe Todd Says:
  18. Thanks for the tour. Years and years ago I flew over Bear's Rump Island in a small plane on my way to Lake Penage. Looks like a great place to visit

     
  19. Lorac Says:
  20. Louise - I have never seen water that colour anywhere else in Ontario. Thanks for visiting!

    luna miranda -Every time I look at the photos I want to go right back but it is a 2 hour drive. Not something I can do during the week!

    Karen- My compulsion to show reflections shots! I really like them. They provide a different way to look at the world.

    VioletSky - I couldn't believe the opportunities there . Everywhere!

    Joe Todd - Such a cool name for an island. One of the things I like about Ontario, many of the original native names were kept.

     
  21. darsden Says:
  22. absolutely beautiful pictures and the water is chystal clear, reminds me of the bahamas, just lovely :-) thank you for visiting my lil blog world today I really appreciate it.

     
  23. Lorac Says:
  24. darsden - You have a great site. Thanks for visiting! The water there does look like tropical waters.

     
  25. Lorac: That is one beautiful place to visit. Funny name, log dump, glad you explained it.

     
  26. Lorac Says:
  27. Fishing Guy- I have to admit I was curious about the name too!

     
  28. Delwyn Says:
  29. Hi Lorac

    the limestone does make for a beautiful coloured lake - is it too cold for swimming?

    Happy days

     
  30. I think I need to take a road trip to the Bruce Peninsula soon. I feel so inspired by these photos. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors