Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

SkyWatch Friday!

Posted by Lorac Friday 21 August 2009

SkyWatch Friday

I have always stated my fondness for reflections before. It's like getting two pictures in one!  This was taken in Belleville, Ontario. They have done a massive amount of work at the water front on the river.

Emerald lily pads look like they are awaiting the gift of a " Frog Prince". Cool grey limestone, cut from a local quarry, reflects beside the pale blue of the evening sky.




This was taken in Holland. I liked the loneliness of the deserted out door cafe. A surprise rain had swept through leaving the air chilly and damp. Everyone moved inside to enjoy the display of the setting sun .

 
I traveled all over Canada in my past employment. I consulted at many Cement Plants. Dirty, dusty places, all of them. One plant in particular had made a point of trying to look attractive on the outside. As you drove into the plant which was built in an old limestone quarry, they had built the road around two little lakes that had been born when the quarry flooded. The lakes were clean and clear looking and definitely inviting to look at. Especially when your option was the plant behind it.  These swans were actually owned by the company. Every winter the would go into a warm hut and were brought back out in the spring. They would socialize with the geese, ducks and other waterfowl that would  come to mate and nest. Swans mate for life.

Here the reflection of the plant in one part of the lake.You can see the lime stone cliffs all around. They colour of the day here is always grey.

Sitting out on a warm rock in the middle of a forest with a musical river below and you have the recipe for peace.

Make sure you check out the other wonderful posts and hosts at SkyWatch Friday

11 comments

  1. Lorac: That certainly ar beautiful sky scenes, very nicely done.
    BTW: That is a full size blimp and has two pilots.

     
  2. Lovely collection of photos. I love reflections too. The second photo is awesome! Thank you for explaining what it is. The photo is a stunner.

     
  3. Eric Says:
  4. Very nice pics, love the first one, my fav.

    Well done!!

    Have a nice SWF

     
  5. Joe Todd Says:
  6. Thank you I am a big fan of reflections

     
  7. Lorac Says:
  8. Fishing Guy - Thanks for answering and your kind comments!

    EG Tour Guide - Your welcome! Thanks for visiting.

    Eric - Nice of you to come take a look Eric! Have a great weekend.

    Joe Todd - Aren't they awesome. So many different ways to enjoy reflections!

     
  9. SandyCarlson Says:
  10. Your reflections are very beautiful. Those swans are like ghosts.

     
  11. Lorac Says:
  12. Sandy Carlson - I really enjoyed seeing those swans every day. I would look for them on my break time!

    J Bar -Thanks for coming by!

     
  13. Lee Spangler Says:
  14. Your pictures tell me there is still so much of the world to see. I liked your commentary. It is smooth and sensitive.

     
  15. Lorac Says:
  16. Lee - Thanks so much! Not as skillful as your pictures though. You have a great site!

     
  17. Reader Wil Says:
  18. Thanks for your visit! Yes the one you mentioned makes me chuckle every time I read it!
    I also like reflections and I like yours very much! Nice pictures!

     
  19. ukkiwi Says:
  20. I love reflections too, i love your blog,
    Nicky in New Zealand

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors