Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Watery Wednesday: Beaver in the Lock

Posted by Lorac Tuesday 24 November 2009

Watery Wednesday

I have often gone to Lindsay, Ontario to give training  to the hydro company. Always with a camera in hand, I thought that the way the town" pretties up" the old locks with flower pots was a great idea. They are at the front and at the back of the old lock.



While taking a pic of flower pots I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I moved to the side and looking a little closer I saw a lone beaver. Busy little guy, he was swimming all around and seemed quite happy. If you can enlarge the pics, do so. In the second one you can see the beavers flat tail and webbed feet that help him swim. so well.



He blends right into the water. If it wasn't for the little bit of movement I would have missed him entirely.

Go see other great pics and posts at Watery Wednesday!

16 comments

  1. maybe he/she has a dam made somewhere near...


    come by my place if you have the time!
    have a great day!

    xoxo

     
  2. Jim Says:
  3. This is very interesting to someone who hasn't even seen a beaver.
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

     
  4. Marie Says:
  5. Oh yes I can see the little fellow :-) Nice shots.

     
  6. Nice captures!

     
  7. eileeninmd Says:
  8. Nice capture and cool photos.

     
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. I've never seen a beaver but they're one of my favourite animals - so if I'd been there, I'd probably have fallen into the water with excitement! They've actually just been reintroduced into Scotland but haven't established themselves yet; maybe one day though, I'll see one for myself :)

     
  11. Jossie Says:
  12. Wonderful shots. Exciting. I have never seen a beaver. There are only few places in the Netherlands where they live.

     
  13. EJ Says:
  14. It is better viewed when enlarge, great shots!

    My Watery Wednesday

     
  15. Tussy Says:
  16. Cute beaver! nice water way too.

    You Got A Posty
    All Little Things I Like

     
  17. Joe Todd Says:
  18. You got the beaver I got the lodge

     
  19. Lorac Says:
  20. Joe- I noticed that! Good for us!

     
  21. I wonder what he thinks of the lock...kind of a dam, but not really a dam...

     
  22. happyone Says:
  23. Love the flower pots. What a great idea.
    Nice shots of the beavers. The beavers around here where I live have chopped down a whole bunch of trees along the road near the water. There is now wire around the bottom of the ones that are left.

     
  24. Lindz Says:
  25. it's a cute little fella..,,

     
  26. Carolyn Says:
  27. Great photos of both the old locks and your busy little beaver. Have a great week.
    Smiles

     
  28. Judy Says:
  29. When you said there were the flower pots along the locks, I thought you meant on the sidewalk besdie the locks, not in the water! Imagine my surprise!!

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors