Bloggers.com

I'm listed in Life & Lifestyle

Cattails in the WInd

Cattails in the WInd

Home Town Canada

Georgetown, Ontario's Hometown Canada Community
Community information including businesses, real estate, travel, events, history, trivia, classified ads, forums and more.

Followers

BlogCatalog

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

The Weather is Fine! Come Walk WIth Me.

Posted by Lorac Sunday 15 November 2009

The tail end of Fall is giving us great weather this last week in Southern Ontario. Temperatures have been above seasonal and no rain for a week. I have been taking advantage of this by getting all the things I procrastinate on and usually have to do in the cold, freezing my fingers, toes and nose.
I took a little break and scoured the property looking to see what else may need doing and took my camera "Just in case". It looks so bleak with all the leaves off the trees, the only green left is the grass. I didn't think I would find anything to photo but there was a few things.

Look at the blue skies we have had. Temperatures ranging from 10 -16 Celsius. Unfortunately this is the last day for the umbrella. Time to be stored for the winter.


This beautiful spruce evergreen gets the smallest cones on it. You can already see the buds forming for next spring.



  This vibrant red against the brilliant sky caught my eye.
The Sumac flowers stays late into the year having only arrived in late August. To really appreciate this pic, enlarge by clicking on it!



Only the left over apples are still on my wild apple tree. The leaves long gone. The apples are still feeding the wildlife around. I have seen rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks and mice all feeding from these. Some birds as well.


Waiting by the tall Pampas grass, my younger cat, Cleopatra, Cleo for short, is really enjoying this weather. In the fall she becomes a kitten again, chasing leaves around the yard.



The Sedum flowers stay late into fall. The pastel pink becomes this dusty rose as the season wears on.



 Fluffy cattails are blowing their seeds all over the neighbourhood.



Hens and Chicks have settled in for the winter months with their blanket of leaves to help keep them warm.



 A Maple leaf valiantly clings to it's fall colour, enlightened by the sun.



The French Lavender has bloomed much longer than I would suspect and is still giving blooms. I will harvest it shortly for the wonderful aroma it will give in a Potpourri in the winter.



So, there is still colour! Flowers are still blooming and I saw so many birds. Blue Jay's, Chickadees, a Finch , Robins, Hawks and Geese still flying by. All on my little tour of the property. At this time of year we very well could be blanketed in snow and soon will be. But what a nice respite after an abysmal summer, to have such a nice fall. Thanks for your visit today. Leave a comment and tell me, how are your fall chores going?

14 comments

  1. Yes you deserve good weather after the last summer. We took a trip to the Maritimes and lucked out with mostly sunny skies. We are under an extreme wind and rain warning here on the west coast through tomorrow. There are huge swells and whitecaps and with the binoculars I can see huge breakers over on Texada Island. Usually there are none. We are stuck in town, it's too dangerous to head up the lake in our boat. Maybe tomorrow. - Margy

     
  2. Lorac Says:
  3. Ahh, too bad Margy. I would hate to have to wait too, but when it is dangerous as that, you wait! Thanks for coming over for a visit. I really love your site!

     
  4. Susan Ellis Says:
  5. Nice shot of the sumac..I picked some today for outdoor Christmas urns. Beautiful palnt

     
  6. Lorac Says:
  7. Susan - Great Idea, I never thought of that!

     
  8. Unknown Says:
  9. Such beautiful photographs, and so envious, our garden is now a wilderness after severe gales and looks so bedraggled. Winter is finally setting in, early frosts and bitter winds, so it is great to have something lovely to look at...hugs..

     
  10. Lori ann Says:
  11. Oh I am envious of your weather.It sounds exciting, snow is on the way. I hope you enjoy the last of your autumn!

     
  12. Lorac Says:
  13. Carol Anne - Soon it will be winter weather here. We get a fair bit of snow and cold so I am really enjoying this!

    Lori ann -That I shall! thanks!

     
  14. Val Says:
  15. so amazing to think that as we move into the heat of our rainy season (summer) people elsewhere are looking at the onset of winter. I would love the Canadian weather i think - i like dry cold, and i love snow. beautiful pics of the flowers and apples, thank you

     
  16. Lorac Says:
  17. Hi VAl - Thank you. I watch your blog with envy as you move into summer!

     
  18. happyone Says:
  19. I enjoyed walking along with you and seeing all your photos. Hope you have a few more of those beautiful days!

     
  20. Joe Todd Says:
  21. We have been having pretty good weather in Ohio also but I don't think it's going to last. Enjoyed the post

     
  22. Lorac Says:
  23. Karen - Thanks, me too!

    Joe Todd- I thinks you are right. We are at the end of it.

     
  24. Reader Wil Says:
  25. Hi Lorac! Thanks for the nice walk on your property! Our weather is unbalanced and not cold. Only wet and very windy,and that's sometimes annoying. Saturday I wanted to go to choir practice, but it was raining so hard that I was wet through after a few minutes, in spite of my coat and cape over it. So I returned and changed my wet clothes. With a hot cup of coffee life was great again.

     
  26. Lorac Says:
  27. Reader Wil - Oh it's so nasty to be wet through on a chilly day. Wise decision to go home to change!

     

Post a Comment

Thank you for being gracious enough to leave a message! It is the best part of my day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Canadian Please!

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My Photo
Lorac
Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
I have lived in Georgetown for 37 years but have traveled around a great deal. I own my own business which takes a lot of my time but try to blog as much as possible! I love to take pictures, no training, just a love of photography. Enjoy the pics but please do not copy them.
View my complete profile

Please do not copy!

Copyright ~~All content and photos are original to Carol Merten, Ahhh...The Cottage Life! and are copyrighted. Please do not copy, or download any content without express written consent. All content and photos remain the sole property of Carol Merten.

Visitors